Centre keen for probe to find Maoist links in Maruti
New Delhi: The Centre is keen on a probe to find out if the violence in the Maruti plant in Manesar has any Maoist link.
Though no Naxal link has been found prima facie, official sources said there was a need for a thorough probe to find out the truth into it.
Sources said there were intelligence reports of CPI(Maoists) setting up urban bases in different cities, including Gurgaon.
Maruti Suzuki`s General Manager Human Resources was charred to death in the violence in its car plant allegedly triggered by workers yesterday for which over 90 workers have been arrested. Nearly 100 others were injured in the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre