Chandigarh belongs to Haryana: Hooda
Chandigarh: War of words between Haryana and Punjab over territorial and water issues has once again hotted up with Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday disputing claims made by Punjab on Chandigarh.
"Chandigarh belongs to Haryana as earlier it was a part of Ambala and we will definitely get it," Hooda asserted while talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function on Thursday evening.
Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal had asserted that Chandigarh is the capital of Punjab and no other state can stake claim over the city.
"If they (Punjab) are claiming Chandigarh on the basis of it being the capital of erstwhile Punjab, then Lahore and Shimla too have remained capitals of Punjab. Why don`t they stake claim on Lahore and Shimla also," Hooda asked stressing, Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana.
Hooda has recently been on the offensive after Punjab government decided to remodel Mullanpur town bordering Chandigarh as `New Chandigarh`, maintaining that it was "unethical to do so".
Hooda said he had no objection to Punjab government`s decision to develop Mullanpur as "we have also developed Panchkula and are developing Kalka and Pinjore."
"However, Chandigarh is a brand name and one should not copy it. It is completely unethical," he said. A few days back, Hooda had lashed out at Punjab on water issues saying, Haryana will fight to the last to secure every drop of the state`s share of water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM