Chautala against acquisition of fertile land
Rewari: Throwing his weight behind agitating
farmers here, INLD chief Om Prakash Chautala on Sunday assured
them that any forcible acquisition of their fertile land by
Bhupinder Singh Hooda regime would be cancelled and their land
returned to them if his party was voted to power in Haryana.
The farmers of five villages - Kalaka, Jhanjhanwas,
Peevara, Mandhiya and Konsiwas, have been staging a protest
dharna at the Poswal chowk for the past four days demanding
nullification of notices recently sent to them by the
authorities for acquisition of their fertile land.
Accompanied by party legislator Rameshwar
Dayal, former minister Jagdsih Yadav, district party president
Sunil Chaudhary and others, the former chief minister reached
the chowk and extended his party`s full support to their stir.
Dubbing the Hooda government as "pro-builders", Chautala
called upon farmers to remain firm in their resolve and said
if the state government used force to dislodge them, his party
activists would ever be there to bear the brunt.
Leader of the protestors Gurdayal Singh Namabardar said
if the state government still stuck to its intentions, their
agitation would spread throughout Ahirwal region and they
would wipe out the Congress at the hustings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das