Chautala, INLD MLAs suspended; uproar in Haryana Assembly
Chandigarh: Leader of Opposition in Haryana Assembly Om Prakash Chautala along with his INLD MLAs was on Monday suspended for the remaining period of monsoon session, which concludes tomorrow, following unruly scenes in the House.
The Assembly also passed a resolution moved by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala condemning conduct of Chautala after he made certain "objectionable" remarks against Speaker Kuldeep Sharma and refused to withdraw them despite pleas by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and the Chair. Soon after 29 INLD MLAs and one of Shiromani Akali Dal were led out of the House by the Marshals, the Speaker recommended that INLD chief`s son Abhay Chautala be reprimanded by the House for making "objectionable" and "caste-related" remarks against Chief Parliamentary Secretary Jaiveer Balmiki during Friday`s sitting.
Pandemonium erupted as soon as the Question Hour was over with BJP`s Anil Vij raising anti-government slogans and referring to the abetment to suicide case against former Minister of State for Home Gopal Goyal Kanda. Vij was joined by INLD`s Ramphal Majra, who alleged that nine MLAs in the present assembly were "tainted" and flashed a newspaper inside the assembly while raising slogans.
As more INLD MLAs joined Majra in raising slogans and rushed to the Well of the House, Surjewala said the opposition was trying to divert attention owing to Congress MLA Balmiki`s allegations against Chautala. As Balmiki got up to narrate the Friday`s incident, the INLD MLAs stoop up creating ruckus in House, prompting the Speaker to adjourn the House for 15 minutes.
As the House re-assembled, the ruckus continued and the Speaker asked the opposition members to go back to their seats. However, the INLD members joined by their ally and lone Shiromani Akali Dal MLA Charanjit Singh, BJP`s Vij and state unit chief K P Gujjar continued to raise slogans. INLD has a strength of 30 in a House of 90. Former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala got up and used some "objectionable" words against the Speaker trigerring heated exchanges again between the treasury and opposition benches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi