Chautala sees possibility of mid-term LS polls
Chandigarh: Claiming that the Congress led
UPA government has become "unstable" over Union Carbide chief
Warren Anderson issue, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD)
President Om Prakash Chautala today said that he foresees
possibility of a mid-term Lok Sabha polls.
"The Central government has become unstable over Warren
Anderson issue (providing him safe passage)," Chautala said
and called on his party workers to be ready to face the
"In this scenario, elections can be announced at any
stage," he claimed in a statement here.
Like its erstwhile ally the BJP, Chautala`s party also
sought to exploit the issue of judicial verdict into the
Bhopal gas tragedy.
"...the role played by the then Chief Minister Arjun
Singh allowing Warren Anderson to flee from the state after
the incident, in which thousands of people were killed, has
shocked the people of the nation. It has also exposed the
ugly face of the Congress, against whom there is growing anger
among the masses," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Six more arrested for attack on Punjab spiritual leader Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale
- IPL 9: RCB skipper Virat Kohli 81-run short to create history this season
- Second seed Andy Murray battles into French Open second round
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan