Chautala sees possibility of mid-term LS polls
Chandigarh: Claiming that the Congress led
UPA government has become "unstable" over Union Carbide chief
Warren Anderson issue, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD)
President Om Prakash Chautala today said that he foresees
possibility of a mid-term Lok Sabha polls.
"The Central government has become unstable over Warren
Anderson issue (providing him safe passage)," Chautala said
and called on his party workers to be ready to face the
"In this scenario, elections can be announced at any
stage," he claimed in a statement here.
Like its erstwhile ally the BJP, Chautala`s party also
sought to exploit the issue of judicial verdict into the
Bhopal gas tragedy.
"...the role played by the then Chief Minister Arjun
Singh allowing Warren Anderson to flee from the state after
the incident, in which thousands of people were killed, has
shocked the people of the nation. It has also exposed the
ugly face of the Congress, against whom there is growing anger
among the masses," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Philippines` Duterte looking to destroy `Imperial Manila`
- Monsoon special: Steal the show by going bold and beautiful with hairdos
- Brexit will put pressure on global growth: IMF deputy MD
- New survey lists out excuses Indians give to delay marriage – Check out
- Help me, I want to live: 11-year-old boy appeals to PM Modi