Chautala son to contest Haryana by-election
Chandigarh: Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) has fielded his son Abhay Singh Chautala for the Jan 20 by-election in Ellenabad assembly constituency.
Abhay is the younger son of the INLD chief. Om Prakash Chautala and his elder son Ajay Singh Chautala are both members of the state assembly.
Om Prakash Chautala vacated the Ellenabad seat as he had been elected from two assembly seats - Uchana Kalan (Jind) and Ellenabad (Sirsa).
While he won frome Uchana Kalan seat by just 621 votes against Congress stalwart and former finance minister Birender Singh, his victory margin in Ellenabad was over 16,400 votes.
Abhay will take on Bharat Singh Beniwal of the ruling Congress in the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi