Chautala son to contest Haryana by-election
Chandigarh: Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) has fielded his son Abhay Singh Chautala for the Jan 20 by-election in Ellenabad assembly constituency.
Abhay is the younger son of the INLD chief. Om Prakash Chautala and his elder son Ajay Singh Chautala are both members of the state assembly.
Om Prakash Chautala vacated the Ellenabad seat as he had been elected from two assembly seats - Uchana Kalan (Jind) and Ellenabad (Sirsa).
While he won frome Uchana Kalan seat by just 621 votes against Congress stalwart and former finance minister Birender Singh, his victory margin in Ellenabad was over 16,400 votes.
Abhay will take on Bharat Singh Beniwal of the ruling Congress in the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Rashtrapati Bhavan battles mosquitoes
- Rio Olympics inspired mural sets new Guinness World Record
- Terror motive suspected in Australia stabbing attack
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready