Chautala son to contest Haryana by-election
Chandigarh: Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) has fielded his son Abhay Singh Chautala for the Jan 20 by-election in Ellenabad assembly constituency.
Abhay is the younger son of the INLD chief. Om Prakash Chautala and his elder son Ajay Singh Chautala are both members of the state assembly.
Om Prakash Chautala vacated the Ellenabad seat as he had been elected from two assembly seats - Uchana Kalan (Jind) and Ellenabad (Sirsa).
While he won frome Uchana Kalan seat by just 621 votes against Congress stalwart and former finance minister Birender Singh, his victory margin in Ellenabad was over 16,400 votes.
Abhay will take on Bharat Singh Beniwal of the ruling Congress in the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate