Chautala supporters throw bombs into court complex
New Delhi: Shortly after a Rohini court here on Tuesday sentenced former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala to 10 years in jail in the teachers recruitment scam, their supporters turned violent and clashed with police.
Reports said protestors threw stones and crude bombs into the court complex.
Even before the quantum of punishment was announced, thousands of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) supporters went on a rampage and police had to resort to lathicharge and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the slogan shouting crowds. The police had even closed the main gates of the court complex.
A large posse of para-military forces were called in to try and control the restive crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security