Chautala supporters throw bombs into court complex
New Delhi: Shortly after a Rohini court here on Tuesday sentenced former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala to 10 years in jail in the teachers recruitment scam, their supporters turned violent and clashed with police.
Reports said protestors threw stones and crude bombs into the court complex.
Even before the quantum of punishment was announced, thousands of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) supporters went on a rampage and police had to resort to lathicharge and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the slogan shouting crowds. The police had even closed the main gates of the court complex.
A large posse of para-military forces were called in to try and control the restive crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal