Chautala supporters throw bombs into court complex
New Delhi: Shortly after a Rohini court here on Tuesday sentenced former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala to 10 years in jail in the teachers recruitment scam, their supporters turned violent and clashed with police.
Reports said protestors threw stones and crude bombs into the court complex.
Even before the quantum of punishment was announced, thousands of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) supporters went on a rampage and police had to resort to lathicharge and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the slogan shouting crowds. The police had even closed the main gates of the court complex.
A large posse of para-military forces were called in to try and control the restive crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding