Chautala supporters throw bombs into court complex
New Delhi: Shortly after a Rohini court here on Tuesday sentenced former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala to 10 years in jail in the teachers recruitment scam, their supporters turned violent and clashed with police.
Reports said protestors threw stones and crude bombs into the court complex.
Even before the quantum of punishment was announced, thousands of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) supporters went on a rampage and police had to resort to lathicharge and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the slogan shouting crowds. The police had even closed the main gates of the court complex.
A large posse of para-military forces were called in to try and control the restive crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list