Chautala supporters throw bombs into court complex
New Delhi: Shortly after a Rohini court here on Tuesday sentenced former Haryana CM Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala to 10 years in jail in the teachers recruitment scam, their supporters turned violent and clashed with police.
Reports said protestors threw stones and crude bombs into the court complex.
Even before the quantum of punishment was announced, thousands of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) supporters went on a rampage and police had to resort to lathicharge and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the slogan shouting crowds. The police had even closed the main gates of the court complex.
A large posse of para-military forces were called in to try and control the restive crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi