Chautala to Guv: Provide chance to other parties to form govt
Chandigarh: Without staking claim to form government, INLD on Friday requested the Governor to provide an opportunity to other political parties or groups, saying people have not given a clear verdict to the Congress.
"As an alternative to the Congress, which has failed to
get the mandate, the other parties/ groups should be given a
chance to form a non-Congress government," INLD president Om
Parkash Chautala said in a letter to Governor Jagan Nath
By doing this the verdict of the people against the
Congress would be honoured, he added.
Chautala told the Governor that the state was passing
through a "sad chain of incidents in which Congress after
failing to get the mandate in its favour was indulging in
horse trading for getting the support of newly elected
Independents and members of small parties."
"The Congress is throttling the people`s verdict by
indulging in such acts," he said in the letter.
Congress, which ended up six seats short of simple
majority in the 90-member Haryana Assembly, today met the
Governor and staked claim to form the government with the
support of all seven Independent MLAs.
The Congress emerged as the single largest party with
40 MLAs followed by 31 of the INLD. Shiromani Akali Dal,
INLD`s ally, got one seat.
Of the remaining 18 seats, Haryana Janhit Congress-BL,
a new entrant in assembly polls, got six seats, BJP four, BSP
one and independents seven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal