Chautala`s son accuses Congress of framing his father
Bhopal: Indian National Lok Dal MLA Abhay Singh Chautala on Sunday accused Congress of misusing CBI to "frame" his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in the teachers` appointment scam.
"In order to hide its weaknesses and because of growing popularity of my father, the Congress has framed him (Om Prakash Chautala) in the Junior Basic Teacher (JBT) appointment scam by misusing CBI," he said.
Chautala, who is also Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President, was talking to reporters after inaugurating National Taekwando Championship here.
He said if the recruitment of 3,200 JBTs was wrong then why were they given promotions.
"If my father had done something wrong then they (JBTs) should have been sacked from the job or not given promotion," Abhay said refusing to take queries from reporters.
The former Haryana chief minister, his MLA son Ajay and 53 others, including two IAS officers Vidya Dhar and Sanjiv Kumar, were convicted on January 16 on corruption and other charges by a Delhi court for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers 12 years back, and were sent to Tihar Jail.
Both the Chautalas along with others were convicted of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
The court has convicted the 55 persons for the offences including cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under the IPC and for abusing their official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics