Chautala`s son accuses Congress of framing his father
Bhopal: Indian National Lok Dal MLA Abhay Singh Chautala on Sunday accused Congress of misusing CBI to "frame" his father and former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in the teachers` appointment scam.
"In order to hide its weaknesses and because of growing popularity of my father, the Congress has framed him (Om Prakash Chautala) in the Junior Basic Teacher (JBT) appointment scam by misusing CBI," he said.
Chautala, who is also Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President, was talking to reporters after inaugurating National Taekwando Championship here.
He said if the recruitment of 3,200 JBTs was wrong then why were they given promotions.
"If my father had done something wrong then they (JBTs) should have been sacked from the job or not given promotion," Abhay said refusing to take queries from reporters.
The former Haryana chief minister, his MLA son Ajay and 53 others, including two IAS officers Vidya Dhar and Sanjiv Kumar, were convicted on January 16 on corruption and other charges by a Delhi court for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers 12 years back, and were sent to Tihar Jail.
Both the Chautalas along with others were convicted of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
The court has convicted the 55 persons for the offences including cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under the IPC and for abusing their official position under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...