Chautala`s supporters create chaos at Rohini court
New Delhi: Thousands of INLD supporters on Thursday created chaos outside the Rohini court complex when former Haryana CM OP Chautala arrived in the jail van prior to the hearing of arguments on his sentencing in the case of illegal recruitment of 3206 junior teachers in the state.
The Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) supporters holding the party flag tried to stop the jail van outside the court and even climbed on to the vehicle, forcing the driver to stop it.
The police personnel tried to disperse the crowd, which was shouting slogans against the authorities and the cops present there, and also closed the main gates of the premises.
The large number of supporters kept on standing outside the court lock-up, where Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and other 53 convicts are being kept.
All the roads leading to the court complex were full of cars and SUVs of INLD supporters and workers.
Around 300-350 supporters are also standing outside the court room where the case is being heard.
Other than the 55 accused, their counsel, prosecutors and the court staff, the judge has not allowed anyone else to enter the court room during the hearing.
Relatives and family members of the accused, INLD supporters and mediapersons have been asked to stand behind barricades set up outside the courtroom, as the proceedings continued amidst tight security.
Chautala, his MLA son Ajay and 53 others including two IAS officers were yesterday convicted on corruption and other charges by a Delhi court for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers 12 years back, and were sent to Tihar Jail.
The court has fixed January 22 to pronounce the sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India