Chief judicial magistrate`s wife found dead
Gurgaon: The body of the wife of a chief judicial magistrate here was found lying inside the Police Lines compound in the evening Wednesday.
According to DCP (west), Surender Pal, the body of Gitanjali, aged around 30, was found with two bullet injury marks. Police also recovered a weapon from near the body.
The DCP said that the weapon belongs to the deceased`s family with confirmation of the same having been received from the chief judicial magistrate himself.
The cause of the death, whether murder or suicide, is still not clear and further investigations are on in the matter, Pal added.
Incidentally, the Gurgaon police commissioner`s residence is just a stone`s throw away from the murder spot.
Sources said that the deceased had been observed taking a stroll the last two days in the same area where her body was found today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj