Child prodigy Kautilya felicitated by Haryana Assembly Speaker
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma on Friday felicitated child prodigy from Karnal Kautilya Pandit.
Six-year-old Kautilya, dressed in a school uniform, visited the Assembly and watched its proceedings. He was accompanied by his sister, grandfather and other relatives.
Before the House proceedings began, the Speaker felicitated him at his chamber. Sharma presented him a certificate, a memento and an idol of Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
Haryana minister Kiran Chowdhry and some opposition MLAs were also present at the chamber.
"He has made all of us proud. The Haryana government has already given him a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh," the Speaker said about Kautilya who has become famous for his vast knowledge of politics, economics and world geography.
"The state government would provide all possible help to enable him to further excel in the field of education," Sharma added.
Asked what he wanted to become in future, Kautilya was quick to reply, "I want to be an Indian Foreign Service officer." To a question, the child prodigy said, "I don`t want to become a leader."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge