Child prodigy Kautilya felicitated by Haryana Assembly Speaker
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma on Friday felicitated child prodigy from Karnal Kautilya Pandit.
Six-year-old Kautilya, dressed in a school uniform, visited the Assembly and watched its proceedings. He was accompanied by his sister, grandfather and other relatives.
Before the House proceedings began, the Speaker felicitated him at his chamber. Sharma presented him a certificate, a memento and an idol of Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
Haryana minister Kiran Chowdhry and some opposition MLAs were also present at the chamber.
"He has made all of us proud. The Haryana government has already given him a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh," the Speaker said about Kautilya who has become famous for his vast knowledge of politics, economics and world geography.
"The state government would provide all possible help to enable him to further excel in the field of education," Sharma added.
Asked what he wanted to become in future, Kautilya was quick to reply, "I want to be an Indian Foreign Service officer." To a question, the child prodigy said, "I don`t want to become a leader."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state