Child prodigy Kautilya felicitated by Haryana Assembly Speaker
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly Speaker Kuldeep Sharma on Friday felicitated child prodigy from Karnal Kautilya Pandit.
Six-year-old Kautilya, dressed in a school uniform, visited the Assembly and watched its proceedings. He was accompanied by his sister, grandfather and other relatives.
Before the House proceedings began, the Speaker felicitated him at his chamber. Sharma presented him a certificate, a memento and an idol of Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge.
Haryana minister Kiran Chowdhry and some opposition MLAs were also present at the chamber.
"He has made all of us proud. The Haryana government has already given him a cash reward of Rs 10 lakh," the Speaker said about Kautilya who has become famous for his vast knowledge of politics, economics and world geography.
"The state government would provide all possible help to enable him to further excel in the field of education," Sharma added.
Asked what he wanted to become in future, Kautilya was quick to reply, "I want to be an Indian Foreign Service officer." To a question, the child prodigy said, "I don`t want to become a leader."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO