City bus service in Gurgaon to be expanded
Chandigarh: The city bus service in Gurgaon would be further expanded to 250 buses in early 2013 as against 160 buses presently plying there.
"The process of induction of new drivers was on and it was expected to have them in place by March-April, 2013. After their induction the bus service would be expanded," a spokesman of the State Transport Department said here Sunday.
Haryana Roadways also intends to introduce low floor air-conditioned CNG buses for the convenience of citizens in Gurgaon and Faridabad by next summer, he said.
Public transport in the two cities has been one of the top concerns of the state government and all out efforts were being made to upgrade the infrastructure of the facility.
Intra-city service in Gurgaon was launched with 72 buses which have now gradually been scaled up to 160 buses.
In Faridabad, the State Roadways was plying about 170-180 buses a day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh