City bus service in Gurgaon to be expanded
Chandigarh: The city bus service in Gurgaon would be further expanded to 250 buses in early 2013 as against 160 buses presently plying there.
"The process of induction of new drivers was on and it was expected to have them in place by March-April, 2013. After their induction the bus service would be expanded," a spokesman of the State Transport Department said here Sunday.
Haryana Roadways also intends to introduce low floor air-conditioned CNG buses for the convenience of citizens in Gurgaon and Faridabad by next summer, he said.
Public transport in the two cities has been one of the top concerns of the state government and all out efforts were being made to upgrade the infrastructure of the facility.
Intra-city service in Gurgaon was launched with 72 buses which have now gradually been scaled up to 160 buses.
In Faridabad, the State Roadways was plying about 170-180 buses a day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway