City bus service in Gurgaon to be expanded
Chandigarh: The city bus service in Gurgaon would be further expanded to 250 buses in early 2013 as against 160 buses presently plying there.
"The process of induction of new drivers was on and it was expected to have them in place by March-April, 2013. After their induction the bus service would be expanded," a spokesman of the State Transport Department said here Sunday.
Haryana Roadways also intends to introduce low floor air-conditioned CNG buses for the convenience of citizens in Gurgaon and Faridabad by next summer, he said.
Public transport in the two cities has been one of the top concerns of the state government and all out efforts were being made to upgrade the infrastructure of the facility.
Intra-city service in Gurgaon was launched with 72 buses which have now gradually been scaled up to 160 buses.
In Faridabad, the State Roadways was plying about 170-180 buses a day, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof