Class X student ends life due to board exam copying-racket
Firozabad: A 17-year-old student committed suicide by setting himself ablaze allegedly after a board examination centre in charge demanded money from him to let him sit for the test.
Neeraj, the victim, apparently could not sit in the exam on Saturday and set himself ablaze in his house last night in Sikohabad area, police said.
He succumbed to injuries at Saifai medical college and hospital this morning, District Superintendent of Police Rakesh Singh said adding that they have booked the Centre in charge Vivek Yadav on the charges of abetting suicide and allowing copying.
Neeraj, whose examination centre was Evram Singh higher secondary school in Nagla Khati village under Eka police station area, had been allegedly told by Yadav that he "has taken contract for getting all the examinees appearing there passed and so he should not write anything in the answer books," the SP said.
Yadav had allegedly been demanding money from Neeraj on phone and threatened him that he would be barred from appearing in the exam if he failed to pay the money, the SP said.
Efforts were on to nab Yadav, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block