Class X student ends life due to board exam copying-racket
Firozabad: A 17-year-old student committed suicide by setting himself ablaze allegedly after a board examination centre in charge demanded money from him to let him sit for the test.
Neeraj, the victim, apparently could not sit in the exam on Saturday and set himself ablaze in his house last night in Sikohabad area, police said.
He succumbed to injuries at Saifai medical college and hospital this morning, District Superintendent of Police Rakesh Singh said adding that they have booked the Centre in charge Vivek Yadav on the charges of abetting suicide and allowing copying.
Neeraj, whose examination centre was Evram Singh higher secondary school in Nagla Khati village under Eka police station area, had been allegedly told by Yadav that he "has taken contract for getting all the examinees appearing there passed and so he should not write anything in the answer books," the SP said.
Yadav had allegedly been demanding money from Neeraj on phone and threatened him that he would be barred from appearing in the exam if he failed to pay the money, the SP said.
Efforts were on to nab Yadav, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter