Cocaine seized in Haryana town, 7 held
Ambala: Police have arrested seven people, including two engineering students, in this Haryana district and recovered cocaine worth Rs.2.5 crore from their possession, authorities said here Tuesday.
The seven men were arrested near a bus stand in Ambala Cantt and nearly one kg of contraband cocaine was recovered from their possession.
"The accused include two engineering students of different colleges, one instructor of an engineering college of Yamunanagar, one employee of a management institute and three people who are natives of Gugalkota village of Rajasthan`s Alwar district," district police chief Bharti Arora said.
"The seized cocaine is worth Rs.2.5 crore in the international market. It is a major drug-haul seized by Ambala police," Arora said.
All the accused were booked under various sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL