Cocaine seized in Haryana town, 7 held
Ambala: Police have arrested seven people, including two engineering students, in this Haryana district and recovered cocaine worth Rs.2.5 crore from their possession, authorities said here Tuesday.
The seven men were arrested near a bus stand in Ambala Cantt and nearly one kg of contraband cocaine was recovered from their possession.
"The accused include two engineering students of different colleges, one instructor of an engineering college of Yamunanagar, one employee of a management institute and three people who are natives of Gugalkota village of Rajasthan`s Alwar district," district police chief Bharti Arora said.
"The seized cocaine is worth Rs.2.5 crore in the international market. It is a major drug-haul seized by Ambala police," Arora said.
All the accused were booked under various sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS) Act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!