Cocaine seized in Haryana town, 7 held
Ambala: Police have arrested seven people, including two engineering students, in this Haryana district and recovered cocaine worth Rs.2.5 crore from their possession, authorities said here Tuesday.
The seven men were arrested near a bus stand in Ambala Cantt and nearly one kg of contraband cocaine was recovered from their possession.
"The accused include two engineering students of different colleges, one instructor of an engineering college of Yamunanagar, one employee of a management institute and three people who are natives of Gugalkota village of Rajasthan`s Alwar district," district police chief Bharti Arora said.
"The seized cocaine is worth Rs.2.5 crore in the international market. It is a major drug-haul seized by Ambala police," Arora said.
All the accused were booked under various sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"