Cocaine seized in Haryana town, 7 held
Ambala: Police have arrested seven people, including two engineering students, in this Haryana district and recovered cocaine worth Rs.2.5 crore from their possession, authorities said here Tuesday.
The seven men were arrested near a bus stand in Ambala Cantt and nearly one kg of contraband cocaine was recovered from their possession.
"The accused include two engineering students of different colleges, one instructor of an engineering college of Yamunanagar, one employee of a management institute and three people who are natives of Gugalkota village of Rajasthan`s Alwar district," district police chief Bharti Arora said.
"The seized cocaine is worth Rs.2.5 crore in the international market. It is a major drug-haul seized by Ambala police," Arora said.
All the accused were booked under various sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substance (NDPS) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred