Cold conditions abate in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures today rose by up to two notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana where dense fog disrupted normal life.
Chandigarh saw a low of 8.5 deg C, up by two notches above normal, the Met office said here Friday.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar saw a minimum of 6 degrees Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a minimum of 7 degrees C each.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Bhiwani saw a low of 8.4 deg C, 7 deg C and 8 deg C respectively. Hisar experienced cold at 5.4 deg C, two degrees below normal while Narnaul had a low of 7 deg C, up by two degrees above normal.
Fog disrupted normal life in Amritsar, Karnal, Ludhiana, Ambala and Patiala.
Met has forecast light rain at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Narendra Modi's big plan for PoK refugees in India – A Rs 2,000 crore package
- Kerala train derail: Services resume in Ernakulam-Thrissur route
- Meet Lachlan Smart – The Aussie teen who becomes youngest pilot to fly solo around the world!
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen army camp: Officials
- iBerry launches 'India's first 4GB Ram unibody smartphone' at Rs 15,990