Cold conditions abate in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Minimum temperatures today rose by up to two notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana where dense fog disrupted normal life.
Chandigarh saw a low of 8.5 deg C, up by two notches above normal, the Met office said here Friday.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar saw a minimum of 6 degrees Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala recorded a minimum of 7 degrees C each.
In Haryana, Ambala, Karnal and Bhiwani saw a low of 8.4 deg C, 7 deg C and 8 deg C respectively. Hisar experienced cold at 5.4 deg C, two degrees below normal while Narnaul had a low of 7 deg C, up by two degrees above normal.
Fog disrupted normal life in Amritsar, Karnal, Ludhiana, Ambala and Patiala.
Met has forecast light rain at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Rio Olympics Goodwill Ambassador row: Yogeshwar Dutt criticised by Twitterati for opposing Salman Khan's appointment
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi