Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Wednesday prevailed in Punjab and Haryana with minimum temperature dropping by few notches below normal at several places in the region.
Fog and mist reduced visibility at various places in both the states.
Union Territory, Chandigarh recorded a low of 10.6 deg Celsius, a MeT report said.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded minimum at 7.3 deg Celsius and 8 deg Celsius respectively, dipping by up to three notches below normal.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.6 deg Celsius, the MeT report said.
Among other places in Haryana, Hisar and Karnal braved cold weather at 7.1 and 6.8 deg Celsius respectively, down by up to four degrees below normal.
Ambala, Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded minimum at 7.8 deg Celsius, 11 deg Celsius and 11.4 deg Celsius respectively.
Met department in its forecast said that the weather will mainly be dry, though fog and mist will occur at several places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter