Committee which probed Khemka`s order cancelling Vadra`s land deal gives report
Chandigarh: A Haryana government-appointed committee, that probed the orders of senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka cancelling the sale of over 3 acre of land to realty major DLF in a deal with Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, on Friday submitted its report.
The 3-member committee, headed by Additional Chief Secretary (Revenue) Krishan Mohan, submitted its report to Haryana Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary here.
Chaudhary told PTI that the committee`s report has been received but declined to divulge its contents. "It is being examined," he added.
Krishan Mohan was not contactable despite repeated attempts.
Khemka, as the then Director General Consolidation of Holdings and Land Records-cum-Inspector General of Registration, had ordered cancellation of the land deals.
Khemka had a day after his transfer on October 12 and three days before he actually relinquished charge asked Deputy Commissioners of four districts of Gurgaon, Palwal, Faridabad and Mewat to "inspect all documents registered from 2005 on behalf of Vadra or his companies in the capacity of vendor (seller) and vendee (buyer)."
An official probe had earlier concluded that there was no "undervaluation" or loss of revenue to the government in the land deals involving Vadra or his companies.
The Deputy Commissioners of the four districts had also reported to the state government that an inspection of all documents registered in their respective districts from January 1, 2005 on behalf of Vadra or his companies, showed there had been no undervaluation in the registration deeds.
The companies had paid stamp duty which was found to be much higher than the Collector`s rate duly notified by District Collectors from time to time, the four DCs said in October.
On October 16 this year, ruling out any malafide action into the transfer of Khemka following his cancellation of the sale of over three acres of land to DLF following a deal with Robert Vadra, Haryana government had the same day ordered an inquiry "into all the issues raised by Khemka."
Announcing the probe, Chief Secretary PK Chaudhary had said on October 16 that "the preliminary facts brought to the notice of the state government by the District Revenue Authority at Gurgaon point out that prima-facie the factual position is different from the stand taken by Khemka."
He had said "the state government has nonetheless ordered an inquiry into all the issues raised by Khemka.
A 1991-batch IAS officer, Khemka, who had claimed in October that it was his 43rd transfer in 20 years, ordered the mutation of 3.5 acre plot of land in Manesar-Shikohpur that Vadra had sold to DLF for Rs 58 crore.
He was posted as Managing Director of Haryana Seeds Development Corporation which was last under an officer 12 years his junior.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'