Complaint, suspension letter tampered with: Rathore`s counsel
Chandigarh: Disgraced former Haryana DGP
SPS Rathore`s counsel wife Abha Tuesday claimed before a court
that the complaint by Ruchika Girhotra had forged signature of
"Certain letters in the signature done by Ruchika
on memorandum are entirely different and the Investigation
Officer too had admitted this in the trial court," Abha
submitted before the Punjab and Haryana High Court which is
conducting day-to-day hearing on Rathore`s revision petition
challenging his conviction in Ruchika molestation case.
The trial court could not give its findings on the
forgery issue, she contended.
Justice Jitendra Chauhan, however, asked Abha whether
her contention will make material difference in this case.
Continuing her arguments, Abha, who was assisted by her
lawyer daughter Priyanjali, contended that the prosecution did
not bring any document expert to verify Ruchika`s signature in
the memorandum which later turned a complaint against Rathore.
She alleged that the letter on Ruchika`s suspension
from the Haryana Lawn Tennis Association (HLTA) on grounds of
indiscipline "was tampered with by Anand Parkash," father of
prime witness Aradhana.
She claimed Prakash took out the actual document from
the HLTA notice board and kept it in his custody and did not
hand it over to former DGP R R Singh who held the inquiry in
"The document was even cut from below which is not
admissible," she contended.
She contended that the prosecution theory that Rathore
went to the house of Ruchika had been disapproved as during
cross examination her father SC Girhotra agreed thrice that
Rathore went to his house and once admitted he did not do so.
"The shifting of stand by Girhotra shows that he is
unreliable," she contended.
Abha contended that the R R Singh`s report was "biased
and one-sided against Rathore."
The High Court heard Abha`s arguments for about an hour
before adjourning the case till tomorrow.
Abha had on May 26 filed a revision petition in the High
Court for suspension of sentence and grant of bail to Rathore,
a day after the session`s court awarded him 18-month jail term
for molesting budding tennis player Ruchika.
68-year-old Rathore has been lodged in the high security
Burail jail since May 25.
Ruchika had committed suicide three years after the
molestation incident on August 12, 1990.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men