Conductor stabbed for protesting against eve-teasers in Ambala
Ambala: Over a month after the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in Delhi, another shocking incident here was reported in which the conductor of a moving bus was reportedly stabbed when he objected to the harassment of a woman by a group of men with no fellow passengers coming to his rescue.
The incident took place when a state roadways conductor, Sultan Singh, was travelling in a bus when a group of people started harassing a woman passenger, as per an English news channel report. When Singh objected to the harassment, he was beaten and stabbed by them.
Despite being assaulted, no other passenger travelling in the bus at that time came forward to help Singh.
Singh was not on duty when he travelling in the bus at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre