Conductor stabbed for protesting against eve-teasers in Ambala
Ambala: Over a month after the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in Delhi, another shocking incident here was reported in which the conductor of a moving bus was reportedly stabbed when he objected to the harassment of a woman by a group of men with no fellow passengers coming to his rescue.
The incident took place when a state roadways conductor, Sultan Singh, was travelling in a bus when a group of people started harassing a woman passenger, as per an English news channel report. When Singh objected to the harassment, he was beaten and stabbed by them.
Despite being assaulted, no other passenger travelling in the bus at that time came forward to help Singh.
Singh was not on duty when he travelling in the bus at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?