Conductor stabbed for protesting against eve-teasers in Ambala
Ambala: Over a month after the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old paramedical student in Delhi, another shocking incident here was reported in which the conductor of a moving bus was reportedly stabbed when he objected to the harassment of a woman by a group of men with no fellow passengers coming to his rescue.
The incident took place when a state roadways conductor, Sultan Singh, was travelling in a bus when a group of people started harassing a woman passenger, as per an English news channel report. When Singh objected to the harassment, he was beaten and stabbed by them.
Despite being assaulted, no other passenger travelling in the bus at that time came forward to help Singh.
Singh was not on duty when he travelling in the bus at the time of incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’