Cong demands resignation of Himachal Health Minister
Shimla: Joining chorus with Himachal Lokhit Party against state health minister, the Himachal Pradesh unit of Congress on Sunday demanded his resignation alleging that the minister has furnished wrong information about his property to the Election Commission.
"The explanation given by Bindal was more of acceptance of the allegation, than its denial, and it appears that he did not give the correct details of his assets and properties in the affidavit filed before the Election Commission while filing the nominations for Assembly polls," Kuldeep Singh Pathania, chief spokesman of Congress told mediapersons.
Bindal should resign on his own and in case he was reluctant to submit bis resignation, he should be sacked, Pathania said.
The HLP had on March 2 accused the health minister Rajiv Bindal of amassing property disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The charge was subsequently denied by the BJP leader as "baseless and concocted".
At a press conference, HLP spokesman and former minister Mohinder Nath Sofat had also demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The Congress would also take up the issue of filing wrong affidavit with the EC, and the state government should also file an FIR against him after verifying the property details, he said.
"The Congress would raise the issue of corruption, increasing influence of land and education mafia and bartering the interests of the state in the Budget Session of the Assembly commencing on March 9," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!