Cong demands resignation of Himachal Health Minister
Shimla: Joining chorus with Himachal Lokhit Party against state health minister, the Himachal Pradesh unit of Congress on Sunday demanded his resignation alleging that the minister has furnished wrong information about his property to the Election Commission.
"The explanation given by Bindal was more of acceptance of the allegation, than its denial, and it appears that he did not give the correct details of his assets and properties in the affidavit filed before the Election Commission while filing the nominations for Assembly polls," Kuldeep Singh Pathania, chief spokesman of Congress told mediapersons.
Bindal should resign on his own and in case he was reluctant to submit bis resignation, he should be sacked, Pathania said.
The HLP had on March 2 accused the health minister Rajiv Bindal of amassing property disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The charge was subsequently denied by the BJP leader as "baseless and concocted".
At a press conference, HLP spokesman and former minister Mohinder Nath Sofat had also demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The Congress would also take up the issue of filing wrong affidavit with the EC, and the state government should also file an FIR against him after verifying the property details, he said.
"The Congress would raise the issue of corruption, increasing influence of land and education mafia and bartering the interests of the state in the Budget Session of the Assembly commencing on March 9," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!