Cong demands resignation of Himachal Health Minister
Shimla: Joining chorus with Himachal Lokhit Party against state health minister, the Himachal Pradesh unit of Congress on Sunday demanded his resignation alleging that the minister has furnished wrong information about his property to the Election Commission.
"The explanation given by Bindal was more of acceptance of the allegation, than its denial, and it appears that he did not give the correct details of his assets and properties in the affidavit filed before the Election Commission while filing the nominations for Assembly polls," Kuldeep Singh Pathania, chief spokesman of Congress told mediapersons.
Bindal should resign on his own and in case he was reluctant to submit bis resignation, he should be sacked, Pathania said.
The HLP had on March 2 accused the health minister Rajiv Bindal of amassing property disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The charge was subsequently denied by the BJP leader as "baseless and concocted".
At a press conference, HLP spokesman and former minister Mohinder Nath Sofat had also demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
The Congress would also take up the issue of filing wrong affidavit with the EC, and the state government should also file an FIR against him after verifying the property details, he said.
"The Congress would raise the issue of corruption, increasing influence of land and education mafia and bartering the interests of the state in the Budget Session of the Assembly commencing on March 9," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row