Cong dissolves all its units in poll-bound Haryana after rout
New Delhi: Congress today dissolved all district and block committees as also the PCC executive committee in poll-bound Haryana, which witnessed the party`s virtual rout in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls.
The action by the AICC gives the newly-appointed PCC chief Ashok Tanwar the freedom and authority to choose his new team ahead of the Assembly elections due later this year.
The AICC has also dissolved all Cells and Departments of the Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee, on the recommendations of Tanwar, a former Youth Congress chief.
The move is aimed at restructuring the party and prepare itself for the upcoming Assembly polls.
Tanwar said that the party has decided to hold mass contact programmes across the state from June 5, starting with Sonepat and ending with Gurgaon on June 28.
The Haryana Congress chief said that Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, party general secretary and secretary Shakeel Ahmad and Asha Kumari, besides himself will be available during such programmes.
Tanwar said he and the Chief Minister will be especially available at such programme and both will also start visiting each district of the state to strengthen the party.
After launching the mass contact programme from Sonepat, such programmes will be held on June 6 in Sirsa and in Panchkula and Yamunanagar on June 7.
On June 8, the programme will be held in Panipat and Kuurukshetra on June 9, besides in Bhiwani on June 12 and Mewat and Palwal on June 14 and Jind on June 15. They will finally conclude on June 28 in Jhajjar and the last one at Gurgaon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September