Cong MP accuses Hooda govt of regional bias
Rewari: Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjit Singh, who has been vocal against his party-led government in Haryana, alleged that the state was "biased" in carrying out development works on Thursday
Addressing a rally of workers of the Haryana Insaf Manch, a non-political outfit floated by him recently, at Khori village on Wednesday, Singh alleged that the chief ministers of successive state governments in Haryana had specifically dished out development works in their respective regions while neglecting other areas of the state.
Rao asserted that there was an urgency to take up the cudgels against such "discrimination in development" and asked the gathering to strengthen his hands.
With his outbursts, Singh, a former Union Minister, has joined the Opposition, which often accuses the Hooda government of regional bias in carrying out development works.
Singh said that "significant political announcements" would be made by him on the coming Martyrs` Memorial Conference on September 23.
A fortnight ago, Singh had demanded an inquiry into the change of land use from agriculture to commercial or residential in Gurgaon and said anybody who had made money illegally, should be held accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...