Cong MP accuses Hooda govt of regional bias
Rewari: Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjit Singh, who has been vocal against his party-led government in Haryana, alleged that the state was "biased" in carrying out development works on Thursday
Addressing a rally of workers of the Haryana Insaf Manch, a non-political outfit floated by him recently, at Khori village on Wednesday, Singh alleged that the chief ministers of successive state governments in Haryana had specifically dished out development works in their respective regions while neglecting other areas of the state.
Rao asserted that there was an urgency to take up the cudgels against such "discrimination in development" and asked the gathering to strengthen his hands.
With his outbursts, Singh, a former Union Minister, has joined the Opposition, which often accuses the Hooda government of regional bias in carrying out development works.
Singh said that "significant political announcements" would be made by him on the coming Martyrs` Memorial Conference on September 23.
A fortnight ago, Singh had demanded an inquiry into the change of land use from agriculture to commercial or residential in Gurgaon and said anybody who had made money illegally, should be held accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam