Cong MP accuses Hooda govt of regional bias
Rewari: Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjit Singh, who has been vocal against his party-led government in Haryana, alleged that the state was "biased" in carrying out development works on Thursday
Addressing a rally of workers of the Haryana Insaf Manch, a non-political outfit floated by him recently, at Khori village on Wednesday, Singh alleged that the chief ministers of successive state governments in Haryana had specifically dished out development works in their respective regions while neglecting other areas of the state.
Rao asserted that there was an urgency to take up the cudgels against such "discrimination in development" and asked the gathering to strengthen his hands.
With his outbursts, Singh, a former Union Minister, has joined the Opposition, which often accuses the Hooda government of regional bias in carrying out development works.
Singh said that "significant political announcements" would be made by him on the coming Martyrs` Memorial Conference on September 23.
A fortnight ago, Singh had demanded an inquiry into the change of land use from agriculture to commercial or residential in Gurgaon and said anybody who had made money illegally, should be held accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH