Cong MP accuses Hooda govt of regional bias
Rewari: Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjit Singh, who has been vocal against his party-led government in Haryana, alleged that the state was "biased" in carrying out development works on Thursday
Addressing a rally of workers of the Haryana Insaf Manch, a non-political outfit floated by him recently, at Khori village on Wednesday, Singh alleged that the chief ministers of successive state governments in Haryana had specifically dished out development works in their respective regions while neglecting other areas of the state.
Rao asserted that there was an urgency to take up the cudgels against such "discrimination in development" and asked the gathering to strengthen his hands.
With his outbursts, Singh, a former Union Minister, has joined the Opposition, which often accuses the Hooda government of regional bias in carrying out development works.
Singh said that "significant political announcements" would be made by him on the coming Martyrs` Memorial Conference on September 23.
A fortnight ago, Singh had demanded an inquiry into the change of land use from agriculture to commercial or residential in Gurgaon and said anybody who had made money illegally, should be held accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor
- 'China will get involved if India foments trouble in Balochistan'
- Leander Paes-Andre Begemann squander five match points to lose Salem ATP final
- Stocks to react to Fed chair's speech; macroeconomic data eyed