Cong MP accuses Hooda govt of regional bias
Rewari: Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjit Singh, who has been vocal against his party-led government in Haryana, alleged that the state was "biased" in carrying out development works on Thursday
Addressing a rally of workers of the Haryana Insaf Manch, a non-political outfit floated by him recently, at Khori village on Wednesday, Singh alleged that the chief ministers of successive state governments in Haryana had specifically dished out development works in their respective regions while neglecting other areas of the state.
Rao asserted that there was an urgency to take up the cudgels against such "discrimination in development" and asked the gathering to strengthen his hands.
With his outbursts, Singh, a former Union Minister, has joined the Opposition, which often accuses the Hooda government of regional bias in carrying out development works.
Singh said that "significant political announcements" would be made by him on the coming Martyrs` Memorial Conference on September 23.
A fortnight ago, Singh had demanded an inquiry into the change of land use from agriculture to commercial or residential in Gurgaon and said anybody who had made money illegally, should be held accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands