Cong MP embarrasses party again, targets Hooda govt
Chandigarh: In a fresh embarrassment to Congress, party MP Rao Inderjit Singh on Friday alleged that the Haryana government had changed the draft and master plans of Gurgaon to benefit certain builders, a charge rejected by the state government.
"The state government has been instrumental in changing draft as well as master plans of 2015, 2021 and 2031 to help certain builders and property dealers...The land use of 21,000 acres in Gurgaon must be probed by an independent agency," Singh told reporters here.
Dismissing the charge, Haryana government spokesperson said, "The allegations are baseless."
The Gurgaon MP said his city had a total 80,000 acres of land and alleged that its master plan had been changed by the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government in the last eight years to convert 54,000 acres out of the total for different purposes.
"The licensing policy of the state government only benefited builders and property dealers and not the original owners in Gurgaon," he said.
Singh demanded an independent probe into Change of Land Use of 21,000 acres of land in his constituency.
Earlier this week, he had demanded an inquiry into change of land use from agriculture to commercial or residential in the Haryana city and said anybody who had made money illegally, even if it is Robert Vadra, should be held accountable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday