Cong to seek explanation from party MP: Shakeel
Chandigarh: Taking exception to party`s disgruntled MP from Gurgaon Rao Inderjit Singh`s recent assertions, Congress on Wednesday said it will seek an explanation from him.
"Congress has taken note of the recent statements of Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjeet Singh and he will be asked to explain his position," in-charge of party`s affairs in Haryana, Shakeel Ahmad said.
Haryana Congress president Phool Chand Mullana has submitted a report in this matter today, he said.
"I would read the report and then apprise the party high command," Ahmad told reporters here after addressing a meeting of state Congress workers.
"Congress is a 128-year-old party and it would not like any of its workers to leave, but if anyone has made up his mind, nothing can be done," he said referring to Rao Inderjit.
Allegations of discrimination with South Haryana, including Mewat district were being made, but people appreciate the Hooda government`s overall work in development sector, he said.
On September 23 at Rewari, Rao Inderjit Singh, who was recently in the limelight for demanding a probe into land deals of Robert Vadra, had said he was bidding goodbye to "Congress politics".
Addressing a rally here, the member of Lok Sabha from Gurgaon had said he would not contest the next elections from Congress as he was upset with the "existing circumstances" in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation