Cong to seek explanation from party MP: Shakeel
Chandigarh: Taking exception to party`s disgruntled MP from Gurgaon Rao Inderjit Singh`s recent assertions, Congress on Wednesday said it will seek an explanation from him.
"Congress has taken note of the recent statements of Gurgaon Congress MP Rao Inderjeet Singh and he will be asked to explain his position," in-charge of party`s affairs in Haryana, Shakeel Ahmad said.
Haryana Congress president Phool Chand Mullana has submitted a report in this matter today, he said.
"I would read the report and then apprise the party high command," Ahmad told reporters here after addressing a meeting of state Congress workers.
"Congress is a 128-year-old party and it would not like any of its workers to leave, but if anyone has made up his mind, nothing can be done," he said referring to Rao Inderjit.
Allegations of discrimination with South Haryana, including Mewat district were being made, but people appreciate the Hooda government`s overall work in development sector, he said.
On September 23 at Rewari, Rao Inderjit Singh, who was recently in the limelight for demanding a probe into land deals of Robert Vadra, had said he was bidding goodbye to "Congress politics".
Addressing a rally here, the member of Lok Sabha from Gurgaon had said he would not contest the next elections from Congress as he was upset with the "existing circumstances" in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray