Congress approached Anna: Kejriwal
Hisar: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday claimed the Congress has been approaching Anna Hazare to seek an end to the ongoing tussle between the two sides on the Hisar by-election in Haryana.
"Nobody has approached me but I think some people (from Congress) have been approaching Anna ji and some people went to meet him yesterday (Saturday)," Kejriwal told reporters here.
Kejriwal, who has been campaigning against Congress in Hisar, denied any kind of compromise between the two sides until the Congress commits to pass the Jan Lokpal bill.
"There can`t be a compromise as we need a strong Lokpal Bill," he said, adding that Team Anna is treating Hisar by-election as referendum on Lokpal Bill.
"I appeal to people of Hisar to give befitting reply to Congress in the by-election," he added.
The by-election to the Hisar seat, to be held on October 13, was necessitated after former chief minister and sitting MP Bhajan Lal`s death in June.
Hazare has appealed to voters not to vote for Congress as it is not ready to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill in Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy