Congress approached Anna: Kejriwal
Hisar: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday claimed the Congress has been approaching Anna Hazare to seek an end to the ongoing tussle between the two sides on the Hisar by-election in Haryana.
"Nobody has approached me but I think some people (from Congress) have been approaching Anna ji and some people went to meet him yesterday (Saturday)," Kejriwal told reporters here.
Kejriwal, who has been campaigning against Congress in Hisar, denied any kind of compromise between the two sides until the Congress commits to pass the Jan Lokpal bill.
"There can`t be a compromise as we need a strong Lokpal Bill," he said, adding that Team Anna is treating Hisar by-election as referendum on Lokpal Bill.
"I appeal to people of Hisar to give befitting reply to Congress in the by-election," he added.
The by-election to the Hisar seat, to be held on October 13, was necessitated after former chief minister and sitting MP Bhajan Lal`s death in June.
Hazare has appealed to voters not to vote for Congress as it is not ready to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill in Winter Session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview