Congress approached Anna: Kejriwal
Hisar: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday claimed the Congress has been approaching Anna Hazare to seek an end to the ongoing tussle between the two sides on the Hisar by-election in Haryana.
"Nobody has approached me but I think some people (from Congress) have been approaching Anna ji and some people went to meet him yesterday (Saturday)," Kejriwal told reporters here.
Kejriwal, who has been campaigning against Congress in Hisar, denied any kind of compromise between the two sides until the Congress commits to pass the Jan Lokpal bill.
"There can`t be a compromise as we need a strong Lokpal Bill," he said, adding that Team Anna is treating Hisar by-election as referendum on Lokpal Bill.
"I appeal to people of Hisar to give befitting reply to Congress in the by-election," he added.
The by-election to the Hisar seat, to be held on October 13, was necessitated after former chief minister and sitting MP Bhajan Lal`s death in June.
Hazare has appealed to voters not to vote for Congress as it is not ready to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill in Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights