Congress approached Anna: Kejriwal
Hisar: Activist Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday claimed the Congress has been approaching Anna Hazare to seek an end to the ongoing tussle between the two sides on the Hisar by-election in Haryana.
"Nobody has approached me but I think some people (from Congress) have been approaching Anna ji and some people went to meet him yesterday (Saturday)," Kejriwal told reporters here.
Kejriwal, who has been campaigning against Congress in Hisar, denied any kind of compromise between the two sides until the Congress commits to pass the Jan Lokpal bill.
"There can`t be a compromise as we need a strong Lokpal Bill," he said, adding that Team Anna is treating Hisar by-election as referendum on Lokpal Bill.
"I appeal to people of Hisar to give befitting reply to Congress in the by-election," he added.
The by-election to the Hisar seat, to be held on October 13, was necessitated after former chief minister and sitting MP Bhajan Lal`s death in June.
Hazare has appealed to voters not to vote for Congress as it is not ready to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill in Winter Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’