Congress imposing `undeclared` emergency in country: INLD
Ambala: Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), whose top leadership is behind bars in a teachers` recruitment scam in Haryana, on Thursday accused Congress of imposing "undeclared" emergency in the country to save its UPA II regime.
While addressing a party workers` meeting here, INLD MLA Abhay Chautala, younger son of former Chief Minister Om Parkash Chautala, said former PM Indira Gandhi had imposed emergency in the country when Supreme Court had given a verdict against her.
Most of the opposition leaders were put behind the bars at that time also, he said.
Claiming Om Prakash Chautala had not committed any crime, Abhay said: "In fact, he (Chautala) was being politically victimised."
He claimed all the districts were given due representation in JBT recruitments during the INLD regime in 1999-2000.
Union government has been using CBI for its political benefit, he alleged.
A special CBI court had sentenced Om Prakash Chautala, his son Ajay and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years in jail and 45 others to four years in jail.
On January 16, the court had held 78-year-old INLD supremo guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know