Congress imposing `undeclared` emergency in country: INLD
Ambala: Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), whose top leadership is behind bars in a teachers` recruitment scam in Haryana, on Thursday accused Congress of imposing "undeclared" emergency in the country to save its UPA II regime.
While addressing a party workers` meeting here, INLD MLA Abhay Chautala, younger son of former Chief Minister Om Parkash Chautala, said former PM Indira Gandhi had imposed emergency in the country when Supreme Court had given a verdict against her.
Most of the opposition leaders were put behind the bars at that time also, he said.
Claiming Om Prakash Chautala had not committed any crime, Abhay said: "In fact, he (Chautala) was being politically victimised."
He claimed all the districts were given due representation in JBT recruitments during the INLD regime in 1999-2000.
Union government has been using CBI for its political benefit, he alleged.
A special CBI court had sentenced Om Prakash Chautala, his son Ajay and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years in jail and 45 others to four years in jail.
On January 16, the court had held 78-year-old INLD supremo guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly