Congress is marketing poverty: BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Sonepat: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday took a dig at Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi for marketing poverty. Addressing a rally here, he said that the scion of the Gandhi family takes the name of `Kalavati` one day and then sleeps over at the house of a Dalit the next day, all for a photo opportunity.
The senior leader did not spare Prime Minister Manmohan Singh too, calling him `remote controlled` and said that India could not progress under the UPA government. "The UPA government is like a car. Someone else is in the driving seat and someone else is pushing the accelerator," he said.
Rajnath described inflation and corruption as bane of Congress rule and said that the people of the country were looking at the BJP with great hope. He also said that the party had decided to name Gujarat Chief Minister as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha Elections as he was dear to the people.
The BJP president also criticised the Centre over its foreign policies regarding China and Pakistan.
Other BJP leaders like Sushma Swaraj and Nitin Gadkari were also present at the occasion. Gadkari raked the issue of Robert Vadra and said that land was being looted in the state of Haryana. The former BJP president also said that the Congress was the most corrupt government ever and should be called the `scam party`.
On her part, Leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj hit out at Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda and lamented at the fact that industries had closed down in the state and there was corruption all over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister