Congress to pick youths in allocation of tickets: Shakeel Ahmed
Chandigarh: Congress will focus on youths in allocation of tickets for the forthcoming Assembly polls in Haryana, party General Secretray Shakeel Ahmed said on Tuesday.
"Majority of party tickets will be allocated to youths," he told reporters here.
Besides, winnability factor of those applying for tickets will be kept in mind, Ahmed, who is also incharge of party affairs in Haryana, said.
He said those keen on contesting Assembly polls on Congress ticket in the state can apply from July 5 to July 20.
"After receiving the applications from those keen on contesting polls on Congress ticket, the party will assess it and also go in depth on credentials of applicants," he said, adding that finalisation of tickets for the 90 Assembly seats would be done soon.
Ahmed was in the city to attend Haryana Congress Committee meeting ahead of the forthcoming Assembly elections.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda-led Congress government is facing a tough task this year after remaining in power for two successive terms. Congress, in the recent Lok Sabha polls, could retain just one seat out of nine held by it.
The meeting was held after a series of workers level review meetings held by Hooda and HPCC Chief Ashok Tanwar across the state in the past few days.
Congress MPs Birender Singh and Selja were conspicuous by their absence in the meeting which was attended in strength by party MLAs, MP Deepinder Hooda, PCC office bearers and senior party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test