Congress will be uprooted from other states as well: Amit Shah at Jind rally
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Chandigarh: In a bid to make his party a dominant force in Haryana Assembly polls, the BJP`s newly-appointed president Amit Shah addressed a rally at Jind district on Saturday.
Shah, who was accompanied by the rebel Congress leader Birender Singh, said that the BJP will not let the latter down.
Birendra Singh ji BJP aapke saath na tragedy hone degi naa hi comedy hone degi: Amit Shah pic.twitter.com/A3GuF7xqk5
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 16, 2014
While slamming the ruling Congress in the state, Shah said that the government here is usurping the lands of poor farmers and it should be toppled.
He further added that slowly but steadily the Congress will no more exist in other states as well and the party will have to put up advertisements to invite applications for candidates who can fight polls.
“First step towards Congress-free India has been taken. People did not even give the status of Opposition to the grand old party. Yuva Congress should be uprooted in the state,” said Shah.
The BJP chief was felicitated with a sword and a mace at the rally.
Addressing the youth, Shah also praised the contribution of Haryana in sports.
“In sports Haryana youth has done commendable job. We pledge to take India to the top level in the world,” he added.
67-year-old Birender Singh, a Rajya Sabha MP, who had openly revolted against Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, made his announcement of joining the BJP along with his supporters, two days after he was suspended from the party.
His close confidant Jagbir Malik, a former minister also joined the BJP along with him besides some other former MLAs.
The state`s ruling outfit, which is facing a series of desertions, faced another jolt as former Haryana ministers Chattar Pal and Harsh Kumar and ex-MLA Raj Kumar Balmiki also joined the saffron party two days back.
Some prominent leaders of INLD also switched loyalty and joined BJP. Balbir Singh Saini, former minister and MLA and former MLAs Phool Singh Kheri, Banta Ram Balmiki and Krishan Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read