Cooking cost under Mid Day Meal Scheme raised in Haryana
Chandigarh: The cooking cost given under Mid Day Meal Scheme to all primary and upper primary schools in Haryana has been raised by 7.5 per cent.
After the raise the cooking cost would now be Rs 3.34 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 5 per day per student in all upper primary schools, an official spokesman said here today.
Earlier, the cooking cost was Rs 3.11 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 4.65 per day per student in all upper primary schools, he said.
He said that over 20.88 lakh students were being covered under the Scheme in the state which includes over 13.72 lakh of primary schools, over 7.08 lakh of upper primary schools and 7,453 students under National Child Labour Project.
A sum of Rs 352 crore has been earmarked for Mid Day Meal Scheme for the current financial year, he said, adding, cooking cost include cost of items like fuel, vegetables and ghee being used for cooking Mid Day Meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?