Cooking cost under Mid Day Meal Scheme raised in Haryana
Chandigarh: The cooking cost given under Mid Day Meal Scheme to all primary and upper primary schools in Haryana has been raised by 7.5 per cent.
After the raise the cooking cost would now be Rs 3.34 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 5 per day per student in all upper primary schools, an official spokesman said here today.
Earlier, the cooking cost was Rs 3.11 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 4.65 per day per student in all upper primary schools, he said.
He said that over 20.88 lakh students were being covered under the Scheme in the state which includes over 13.72 lakh of primary schools, over 7.08 lakh of upper primary schools and 7,453 students under National Child Labour Project.
A sum of Rs 352 crore has been earmarked for Mid Day Meal Scheme for the current financial year, he said, adding, cooking cost include cost of items like fuel, vegetables and ghee being used for cooking Mid Day Meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured