Cooking cost under Mid Day Meal Scheme raised in Haryana
Chandigarh: The cooking cost given under Mid Day Meal Scheme to all primary and upper primary schools in Haryana has been raised by 7.5 per cent.
After the raise the cooking cost would now be Rs 3.34 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 5 per day per student in all upper primary schools, an official spokesman said here today.
Earlier, the cooking cost was Rs 3.11 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 4.65 per day per student in all upper primary schools, he said.
He said that over 20.88 lakh students were being covered under the Scheme in the state which includes over 13.72 lakh of primary schools, over 7.08 lakh of upper primary schools and 7,453 students under National Child Labour Project.
A sum of Rs 352 crore has been earmarked for Mid Day Meal Scheme for the current financial year, he said, adding, cooking cost include cost of items like fuel, vegetables and ghee being used for cooking Mid Day Meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui