Cooking cost under Mid Day Meal Scheme raised in Haryana
Chandigarh: The cooking cost given under Mid Day Meal Scheme to all primary and upper primary schools in Haryana has been raised by 7.5 per cent.
After the raise the cooking cost would now be Rs 3.34 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 5 per day per student in all upper primary schools, an official spokesman said here today.
Earlier, the cooking cost was Rs 3.11 per day per student in all primary schools and Rs 4.65 per day per student in all upper primary schools, he said.
He said that over 20.88 lakh students were being covered under the Scheme in the state which includes over 13.72 lakh of primary schools, over 7.08 lakh of upper primary schools and 7,453 students under National Child Labour Project.
A sum of Rs 352 crore has been earmarked for Mid Day Meal Scheme for the current financial year, he said, adding, cooking cost include cost of items like fuel, vegetables and ghee being used for cooking Mid Day Meal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!