Cops picks up top Jat leaders seeking OBC quota
Hisar: Police picked up top Jat leaders
seeking an OBC quota for their community in government jobs and rounded up protesters squatting near the railway track at
Ramayan village in Haryana early this morning.
The President of the All India Jat Arakshan Samiti Dharam
Pal Chhot was picked up along with another member Ram Bhagat
Malik from their houses in the middle of the night.
The protesters squatting near the railway track at Ramayan village were also rounded up and their tents removed
by police at around 3am today, police said.
Traffic on the Hisar-Delhi road was also diverted to
other routes in the morning as a precautionary measure, the
sources said, adding, heavy police force supported by Rapid
Action Force and CRPF was guarding the railway track near
Ramayan railway station.
Vijay Singh, youth leader of the Samiti and resident of
Mayar claimed, "about 40 protesters were sleeping near the
track when police suddenly came and rounded them up and
removed their tents. Ours was a peaceful stir and we did not
break any law. The police action was uncalled for and is
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends