Court asks Ruchika`s father to file reply to closure reports
Ambala: A special CBI court here on Thursday asked
the family of Ruchika Girhotra, who was molested by former DGP
SPS Rathore in 1990, to file their replies to the closure
reports filed by the CBI last month in cases against Rathore.
Special Magistrate for CBI cases Abdul Majid fixed
January 31 as the next date for hearing the matter.
Ruchika`s father SC Girhotra and brother Ashu were not
present in the CBI court today and were represented by their
The CBI, in its closure reports filed last month in two
of the three fresh cases registered against Rathore in
connection with the Ruchika molestation case, said that the
allegations against the ex-DGP could not be substantiated as
per documentary evidence and oral testimony of witnesses.
Opposing the closure report, SC Girhotra had alleged that
the CBI had been working in a partial manner which was
The two cases in which closure reports have been filed by
the CBI are related to the accusation against Rathore that he
had doctored Ruchika`s postmortem report and was behind the
custodial torture of her brother Ashu. However, the probe into
the abetment to suicide charge is still on.
SC Girhotra had alleged in his complaint to the police
that after his daughter consumed poison on December 28, 1993,
three years after she was molested by Rathore, he was forced
by the former police chief to take her to PGI at Chandigarh
where during the post mortem, the Magistrate was not summoned
by the police.
Ashu Girhotra, in his complaint, had alleged that a false
case of auto theft was slapped on him at the behest of
Rathore and he was brutally tortured by police.
14-year-old Ruchika, a budding tennis player who was
molested by Rathore on August 12,1990, had committed suicide
three years later.
During a previous hearing in the court, SC Girhotra had
filed two applications, one for himself and the other on
behalf of his son Ashu Girhotra, asking for copies of the
CBI`s closure reports in these cases.
While SC Girhotra was handed over a copy of the closure
report earlier, the same was handed over to Ashu`s counsel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi