Court directs registration of FIR against Haryana Minister
Gurgaon: A local court has directed Gurgaon police to lodge an FIR against Haryana Sports Minister Sukhbir Kataria and five others for allegedly forging documents for getting voter ID cards made for his near and dear ones.
On a complaint filed by Om Prakash Kataria, President of an NGO Matdata Jagrook Manch, Pracheta Singh, Judicial Magistrate in her order passed on November 13 directed the City Station House Officer to book Kataria, Gurgaon Assistant Commissioner of Police Narender Kadian, booth-level officer Anita Sharma, Pawan Dabas, Sudesh Dabas and an Assistant Electoral Returning Officer under IPC and Representation of People Act for allegedly forging the documents for getting the voters cards made for their near and dear ones.
She said "the offences punishable under section 420, 468 and 471 of IPC are cognizable in nature. Further, a thorough and an in-depth investigation would be required in the facts and circumstances mentioned in the complaint as there are allegations of conspiracy also".
Accordingly, the present complaint be forwarded to the officer in charge of the police station concerned for registration of an FIR and proper investigation as per law?, stated the order.
The Magistrate also directed the SHO to file his report by December 123 to the court.
Om Prakash Kataria alleged Sukhbir Kataria was instrumental in preparing hundreds of hundreds bogus voter cards before state assembly election in 2009.
However, Sukhbir Kataria said that he had done no wrong if he had helped his supporters in getting their voter cards.
I have not violated any law and done no wrong?, added the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her