Court issues notice to Haryana government in Mirchpur case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday issued a
notice to Haryana government to appoint a special public
prosecutor to represent the state in the trial relating to
mayhem against Dalits allegedly by upper caste Hindus in Hisar
district in April this year.
The case relating to the killing of a 70-year-old Dalit
man and his physically-challenged daughter allegedly by 102
persons was transferred to a special court here designated
under the SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, by an
order of the apex court on December nine.
The court passed its order after Special Additional Public
Prosecutor P K Verma, who has been duly notified by Delhi
government, submitted that he had no instructions from Haryana
government to represent it in the case.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau directed that the
copy of the order of the Supreme Court be placed before the
Chief Secretary, Haryana government, so that a special public
prosecutor was duly notified to represent the state before the
court on January four, the next date of hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'