Court orders FIR against Haryana Sports Minister
Gurgaon: A local court on Saturday directed Gurgaon Police to lodge an FIR against Haryana Minister Sukhbir Kataria, city Assistant Commissioner of Police and six others in a case related to alleged forging of documents for obtaining voter ID cards.
On November 13, another local court had got an FIR lodged against the Haryana sports minister and five others in a similar case but in different area.
Today, Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Seema, directed the police to book Sukhbir Kataria, an MLA from Gurgaon constituency, under Sections 420, 468, 471 and 120-B of the IPC and Section 31 of the Representation of People`s Act for forging documents for getting voters cards made for their near and dear ones.
The court also asked the police to book Gurgaon ACP Narender Kadian as he did not take action after complainant approached him.
Six others-- booth-level officer Anita Sharma, Om Prakash, Porush, and Sangeeta, Richi and an Assistant Electoral Returning Officer are also to be booked.
The complaint was filed by Om Prakash Kataria president of an NGO - `Matdata Jagrook Manch`.
Kataria alleged that the minister was "instrumental in preparing hundreds of bogus voter cards before state Assembly election in 2009".
"During the election, the minister ensured that all these bogus voters cast their votes in his favour," he alleged.
However, Sukhbir said that he had not violated the law as he had helped his supporters in getting their voter cards.
"Being a public person, a lot of illiterate persons approach me for such type of help and I had just obliged them by filing their forms and nothing else," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured