Court orders FIR against Haryana Sports Minister
Gurgaon: A local court on Saturday directed Gurgaon Police to lodge an FIR against Haryana Minister Sukhbir Kataria, city Assistant Commissioner of Police and six others in a case related to alleged forging of documents for obtaining voter ID cards.
On November 13, another local court had got an FIR lodged against the Haryana sports minister and five others in a similar case but in different area.
Today, Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Seema, directed the police to book Sukhbir Kataria, an MLA from Gurgaon constituency, under Sections 420, 468, 471 and 120-B of the IPC and Section 31 of the Representation of People`s Act for forging documents for getting voters cards made for their near and dear ones.
The court also asked the police to book Gurgaon ACP Narender Kadian as he did not take action after complainant approached him.
Six others-- booth-level officer Anita Sharma, Om Prakash, Porush, and Sangeeta, Richi and an Assistant Electoral Returning Officer are also to be booked.
The complaint was filed by Om Prakash Kataria president of an NGO - `Matdata Jagrook Manch`.
Kataria alleged that the minister was "instrumental in preparing hundreds of bogus voter cards before state Assembly election in 2009".
"During the election, the minister ensured that all these bogus voters cast their votes in his favour," he alleged.
However, Sukhbir said that he had not violated the law as he had helped his supporters in getting their voter cards.
"Being a public person, a lot of illiterate persons approach me for such type of help and I had just obliged them by filing their forms and nothing else," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand