Court raps Hisar Police for failing to file FIR against Raj Thackeray
Hisar: A local court on Thursday issued contempt notices to Superintendent of Police and ASP of Hisar for not complying with its order of filing a FIR against Maharashtra Navanirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray for allegedly spreading hatred against North Indians and Biharis.
On a petition filed by lawyer Rajat Kalsan, Hansi court had ordered the SHO Hansi city to register FIR against Raj Thackeray under sections 124 A (sedition), 153 (provocation with intent to cause riot) and 153 A (promoting enmity between classes) IPC on September 5, for spreading hatred against north Indians and Biharis.
But on October 4, the police cancelled the FIR saying that it was beyond its jurisdiction.
The petitioner brought this to the notice of the court.
Taking a serious view, the court had asked ASP to take action against the SHO within ten days and report the same to the court also because he had cancelled the FIR.
When the ASP did not take any action within ten days, the complainant filed contempt proceedings against the police.
Ashwani Mehta, Sub Divisional Judicial Magistrate, first class, Hansi today issued contempt notices to SP and ASP for October 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt