Court reserves order on Gopal Kanda`s bail plea
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday reserved its order on a bail plea of former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, who is accused of abetting suicide of a former air hostess.
Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta reserved his order for October 13.
Kanda`s plea has been opposed by the prosecution on the ground that he may influence the witnesses if released on bail.
On October 4, Kanda had surrendered before the court after his month-long interim bail to attend Haryana Assembly session expired and the court refused to extend the same.
The sitting MLA from Sirsa in Haryana, Kanda and his employee Aruna Chadha are facing charges of abetting suicide of Geetika Sharma, who was employed in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
Chadha is out on interim bail till November 15 to attend religious and family events.
While Chadha was arrested on August 8 last year, Kanda had surrendered on August 18. The trial in the case started on May 27.
The duo has also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim and under the Information Technology Act for sending fake e-mails to her.
Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012, at her Ashok Vihar residence in north west Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
Police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez