Court reserves order on Gopal Kanda`s bail plea
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday reserved its order on a bail plea of former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, who is accused of abetting suicide of a former air hostess.
Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta reserved his order for October 13.
Kanda`s plea has been opposed by the prosecution on the ground that he may influence the witnesses if released on bail.
On October 4, Kanda had surrendered before the court after his month-long interim bail to attend Haryana Assembly session expired and the court refused to extend the same.
The sitting MLA from Sirsa in Haryana, Kanda and his employee Aruna Chadha are facing charges of abetting suicide of Geetika Sharma, who was employed in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
Chadha is out on interim bail till November 15 to attend religious and family events.
While Chadha was arrested on August 8 last year, Kanda had surrendered on August 18. The trial in the case started on May 27.
The duo has also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim and under the Information Technology Act for sending fake e-mails to her.
Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012, at her Ashok Vihar residence in north west Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
Police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog