CPI(M) Haryana releases manifesto for LS election
Rohtak: Highlighting its commitment to improve the condition of farmers and to end "blind" acquisition of agricultural lands, Haryana CPI(M) on Tuesday released its manifesto for three constituencies going to polls in the state.
The manifesto released by Haryana state committee of CPI (M), has highlighted the struggles launched so far for various sections of common people pertaining to farming, land, food, jobs, education, health, food security, housing, social justice and other day-to-day burning issues, CPM`s State Secretary, Inderjit Singh said.
Singh emphasised that a shift in the policies was a must even for modest relief to the suffering downtrodden masses.
While the CPM has put its candidates on three Lok Sabha seats of Hisar, Sirsa, and Bhiwani-Mahendergarh, the CPI is fighting two seats of Ambala and Karnal. Haryana has a total of 10 constituencies.
He alleged that most of the parties have hardly any concern for the hardships and problems of the people.
The party has promised to intensify the struggle for adoption of Sawaminathan Commission recommendations for improving farmers` lot, end to "blind acquisition" of agriculture lands, development of the dairy sector, reservations in private sector, crop and cattle insurance, end to privatisation of health and education through social control over these sectors, 33 per cent women reservation in legislature among other things.
The party has also advocated a comprehensive inquiry commission to go into "shady" land deals and recruitment scams, to identify the corrupt and punish them, besides enacting an effective Lokpal with the office of Chief Minister under its purview.
Singh said that the party is of firm opinion that no further step be taken towards setting up of nuclear power plant at Gorakhpur in Fatehabad district without addressing safety and ecological concerns expressed by several atomic scientists and local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’