CPI(M) Haryana releases manifesto for LS election
Rohtak: Highlighting its commitment to improve the condition of farmers and to end "blind" acquisition of agricultural lands, Haryana CPI(M) on Tuesday released its manifesto for three constituencies going to polls in the state.
The manifesto released by Haryana state committee of CPI (M), has highlighted the struggles launched so far for various sections of common people pertaining to farming, land, food, jobs, education, health, food security, housing, social justice and other day-to-day burning issues, CPM`s State Secretary, Inderjit Singh said.
Singh emphasised that a shift in the policies was a must even for modest relief to the suffering downtrodden masses.
While the CPM has put its candidates on three Lok Sabha seats of Hisar, Sirsa, and Bhiwani-Mahendergarh, the CPI is fighting two seats of Ambala and Karnal. Haryana has a total of 10 constituencies.
He alleged that most of the parties have hardly any concern for the hardships and problems of the people.
The party has promised to intensify the struggle for adoption of Sawaminathan Commission recommendations for improving farmers` lot, end to "blind acquisition" of agriculture lands, development of the dairy sector, reservations in private sector, crop and cattle insurance, end to privatisation of health and education through social control over these sectors, 33 per cent women reservation in legislature among other things.
The party has also advocated a comprehensive inquiry commission to go into "shady" land deals and recruitment scams, to identify the corrupt and punish them, besides enacting an effective Lokpal with the office of Chief Minister under its purview.
Singh said that the party is of firm opinion that no further step be taken towards setting up of nuclear power plant at Gorakhpur in Fatehabad district without addressing safety and ecological concerns expressed by several atomic scientists and local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested