Curfew lifted in Sirsa, no decision on HJC rally
Chandigarh: The Sirsa district administration in Haryana Thursday lifted the curfew imposed after last week`s clash between followers of Dera Sacha Sauda and a group of Sikhs, but is yet to decide on giving a final go ahead to the Haryana Janhit Congress` (BL) rally on Sunday.
As normalcy is returning to Sirsa, it has been decided to lift the curfew even during the night, but Section 144 banning the assembly of five or more persons would be imposed strictly, Deputy Commissioner Dr J Ganesan said.
However, all educational institutions would remain closed till tomorrow.
On the HJC rally, he told, "We will have to take a view on it. We haven`t taken a final view."
The matter will be considered "soon," he added.
Sources said the district administration is also waiting for the outcome of tomorrow`s meeting at Sirsa called by a Sikh organisation in the wake of last week`s clash that left 12 people injured.
The HJC has announced to organise a rally on December 2 to celebrate its foundation day, marking five years of the party`s existence.
Party president and MP from Hisar Kuldeep Bishnoi said today the party had all the necessary permissions to hold the rally and would do the needful at "all costs."
"We have all the necessary permission to hold the rally. We have even started erecting tents. So far, nobody from the district administration has raised any objection. We even have the permission of landing of helicopters of senior leaders who will attend the rally," he said.
Many top leaders of HJC`s ally the BJP including BJP president Nitin Gadkari, and Sushma Swaraj will take part in the rally.
"Moreover, the government and the Deputy Commissioner (Sirsa) himself have been claiming over the past two days that normalcy has returned in Sirsa. We will hold the rally at all costs," Bishnoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!