DA case: Court issues production warrant against Chautala
New Delhi: A Delhi court today sought the presence of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala in a disproportinate assets case in which he is an accused.
Special CBI Judge Manu Rai Sethi issued the production warrant for Chautala for March 2 as the 78-year-old Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) chief was not brought to the court from jail, where he is lodged following his sentence of 10- year imprisonment in another corruption case.
"Let production warrant be issued in favour of superintendent Jail no.4 (where Chautala is lodged), Tihar directing production of accused O P Chautala for March 2," the court said.
The prosecution witnesses could not be examined today owing to Chautala`s absence.
The CBI had on March 26, 2010 chargesheeted Chautala indicting him for allegedly possessing assets worth Rs 6.09 crore, far exceeding his legal income between 1993 and 2006.
Two such separate cases are also on against his sons Ajay and Abhay Chautala.
Chautala and Ajay Chautala were sentenced to 10-year imprisonment by a Delhi court on January 22 for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained (JBT) teachers in the state in 2000.
The CBI had registered three separate disproportionate assets cases against Chautalas on a complaint by Haryana Congress leader Shamsher Singh Surjewala.
Earlier, all the three cases were being heard in different courts and were transferred to one court on CBI`s plea that all cases be transferred before a single judge as their trialsn at three different courts will lead to inordinate delay in concluding them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing