Dabra gang-rape case: Four get life imprisonment
Hisar (Haryana): A Court here has sentenced four rapists to life imprisonment in the infamous Dabra gang-rape case of September last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Hisar, Madhu Khanna Lali, awarded the sentence today.
Pawan, Vikas, Baljit and Raj Kumar, all residents of Dabra village were held guilty of raping a 16-year-old Dalit girl and quantum of sentenced was pronounced today.
The court, which held the accused guilty yesterday, also imposed a fine of Rs 27,000 each on the convicts, out of which Rs one lakh is to be paid to the victim girl as a financial assistance.
The court however acquitted Anil, Mohinder and Kuldeep of Dabra village and Sunil from Mangali village from the charges of rape.
Suresh from Thua village and Rajesh from village Sultanpur who were booked for harbouring rape accused, were also acquitted by the court.
According to the prosecution, the victim had come to Hisar in a three-wheeler on September 9, last year and got down near Kaimri road to walk down to her maternal grandfather`s house.
A youth Mohinder of her village met her there and offered to drop her in Patel Nagar. The victim alleged that she was forcibly taken to a secluded spot in the village where she was gang-raped.
She was threatened that a video film of the rape incident would be circulated if she reported the matter to her family members and the police.
The victim, however, told her parents about the incident on September 18 after which her father consumed an insecticide and ended his life due to shock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31