Dabra gang-rape case: Four get life imprisonment
Hisar (Haryana): A Court here has sentenced four rapists to life imprisonment in the infamous Dabra gang-rape case of September last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Hisar, Madhu Khanna Lali, awarded the sentence today.
Pawan, Vikas, Baljit and Raj Kumar, all residents of Dabra village were held guilty of raping a 16-year-old Dalit girl and quantum of sentenced was pronounced today.
The court, which held the accused guilty yesterday, also imposed a fine of Rs 27,000 each on the convicts, out of which Rs one lakh is to be paid to the victim girl as a financial assistance.
The court however acquitted Anil, Mohinder and Kuldeep of Dabra village and Sunil from Mangali village from the charges of rape.
Suresh from Thua village and Rajesh from village Sultanpur who were booked for harbouring rape accused, were also acquitted by the court.
According to the prosecution, the victim had come to Hisar in a three-wheeler on September 9, last year and got down near Kaimri road to walk down to her maternal grandfather`s house.
A youth Mohinder of her village met her there and offered to drop her in Patel Nagar. The victim alleged that she was forcibly taken to a secluded spot in the village where she was gang-raped.
She was threatened that a video film of the rape incident would be circulated if she reported the matter to her family members and the police.
The victim, however, told her parents about the incident on September 18 after which her father consumed an insecticide and ended his life due to shock.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory