Dabra gangrape: Convicts to be sentenced today
Hisar: A trial court is slated to announce the quantum of punishment for the convicts in the Dabra gangrape case on Saturday. Four persons were on Thursday convicted by the trial court for raping a Dalit minor girl on September 9, 2012.
The court, however, acquitted four other accused of rape charges and two others of harbouring the accused. According to reports, the family of the victim has expressed dissatisfaction on the verdict and are likely to move the High Court.
The 16-year-old Dalit girl was gangraped and the crime was filmed by the culprits. The case took an uglier turn on September 18, 2012, as the father of the victim committed suicide after getting to know about the incident.
An FIR was registered by the police, naming four persons as accused. The case had also sparked widespread protests.
The trial in the case began in a women special court in Hisar on February 4, 2013, and the hearing was completed on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users