Dabra gangrape: Convicts to be sentenced today
Hisar: A trial court is slated to announce the quantum of punishment for the convicts in the Dabra gangrape case on Saturday. Four persons were on Thursday convicted by the trial court for raping a Dalit minor girl on September 9, 2012.
The court, however, acquitted four other accused of rape charges and two others of harbouring the accused. According to reports, the family of the victim has expressed dissatisfaction on the verdict and are likely to move the High Court.
The 16-year-old Dalit girl was gangraped and the crime was filmed by the culprits. The case took an uglier turn on September 18, 2012, as the father of the victim committed suicide after getting to know about the incident.
An FIR was registered by the police, naming four persons as accused. The case had also sparked widespread protests.
The trial in the case began in a women special court in Hisar on February 4, 2013, and the hearing was completed on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof