Dal Khalsa welcomes Haryana SGPC Act
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday welcomed the passage of Haryana Sikh Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee Bill and congratulated Haryana Sikhs for getting the right to manage their religious institutions.
Dal Khalsa spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said "with HSGPC becoming a reality, all lies, bluffs and misleading statement by Badals (Chief Minister Parkash Singh and his son and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh) have thoroughly been exposed".
He, however, expressed hope that Haryana Sikhs would follow the Sikh principles and traditions approved by Akal Takht and would not any way encourage or allow the state`s interference in Sikh religious affairs.
According to the Bill, a committee namely Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee will be established for proper management and control of the gurdwaras and their properties within the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video
- West Indies vs India: We need to work hard to make series even, says Phil Simmons