Dal Khalsa welcomes Haryana SGPC Act
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday welcomed the passage of Haryana Sikh Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee Bill and congratulated Haryana Sikhs for getting the right to manage their religious institutions.
Dal Khalsa spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said "with HSGPC becoming a reality, all lies, bluffs and misleading statement by Badals (Chief Minister Parkash Singh and his son and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh) have thoroughly been exposed".
He, however, expressed hope that Haryana Sikhs would follow the Sikh principles and traditions approved by Akal Takht and would not any way encourage or allow the state`s interference in Sikh religious affairs.
According to the Bill, a committee namely Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee will be established for proper management and control of the gurdwaras and their properties within the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations