Dal Khalsa welcomes Haryana SGPC Act
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday welcomed the passage of Haryana Sikh Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee Bill and congratulated Haryana Sikhs for getting the right to manage their religious institutions.
Dal Khalsa spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said "with HSGPC becoming a reality, all lies, bluffs and misleading statement by Badals (Chief Minister Parkash Singh and his son and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh) have thoroughly been exposed".
He, however, expressed hope that Haryana Sikhs would follow the Sikh principles and traditions approved by Akal Takht and would not any way encourage or allow the state`s interference in Sikh religious affairs.
According to the Bill, a committee namely Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee will be established for proper management and control of the gurdwaras and their properties within the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees