Dalit girl gangraped, four booked
Chandigarh: Three men and a woman have been booked for the gangrape of a 15-year-old Dalit girl in Haryana`s Sirsa district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, the girl was gangraped at Suchan village in May but her parents registered a complaint only on Friday night.
The accused were identified as Sanjay, Darshana and her two sons Sonu and Naresh.
"According to the complaint, Darshana had called the victim to Sanjay`s house on May 30. Then she left her alone in the house with three men. After raping her, the accused threatened her not to report the matter," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur