Dalit girl gangraped, four booked
Chandigarh: Three men and a woman have been booked for the gangrape of a 15-year-old Dalit girl in Haryana`s Sirsa district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, the girl was gangraped at Suchan village in May but her parents registered a complaint only on Friday night.
The accused were identified as Sanjay, Darshana and her two sons Sonu and Naresh.
"According to the complaint, Darshana had called the victim to Sanjay`s house on May 30. Then she left her alone in the house with three men. After raping her, the accused threatened her not to report the matter," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj