Dalit leader quits INLD, joins Haryana Janhit Cong
Hisar: Dalit leader and former Rajya Sabha member Faqir Chand Mullana on Monday quit the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) and joined the Haryana Janhit Congress.
HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi welcomed the dalit leader into the party fold at a function here attended by ex-Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan.
"In the present circumstances, the HJC-BJP alone can give a transparent government in the state and that is why I have quit INLD and joined HJC," Mullana said.
"Bishnoi has a clean image and there is not even a single case against him," he said adding, "I have chosen him my leader."
Welcoming Mullana into HJC, Bishnoi said, "The INLD is a party of proven corrupt leaders. In the case of Chautalas, the law has taken its own course".
Recently, INLD supremo and former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay were awarded 10 years` jail term for corruption in a teachers` recruitment scam case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Delhi wakes to cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury
- Days after Rishi Kapoor's 'baap ka maal' tweet against Gandhi family, Congress workers 'name' public toilet after him
- Uttarakhand sting CD controversy: CM Harish Rawat appears before CBI
- Corruption scandal throws Brazil`s interim government into disarray