Dalit leader quits INLD, joins Haryana Janhit Cong
Hisar: Dalit leader and former Rajya Sabha member Faqir Chand Mullana on Monday quit the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) and joined the Haryana Janhit Congress.
HJC president Kuldeep Bishnoi welcomed the dalit leader into the party fold at a function here attended by ex-Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan.
"In the present circumstances, the HJC-BJP alone can give a transparent government in the state and that is why I have quit INLD and joined HJC," Mullana said.
"Bishnoi has a clean image and there is not even a single case against him," he said adding, "I have chosen him my leader."
Welcoming Mullana into HJC, Bishnoi said, "The INLD is a party of proven corrupt leaders. In the case of Chautalas, the law has taken its own course".
Recently, INLD supremo and former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay were awarded 10 years` jail term for corruption in a teachers` recruitment scam case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra