Dalits put bodies of two youths on road outside CM residence in Haryana
Rohtak: Angry over the alleged killing of two Dalit youths by some upper caste people at Madina village, people belonging to Scheduled Castes on Sunday blocked the National Highway for over an hour by placing the bodies outside Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s residence here.
The protesters were demanding immediate arrest of the killers, setting up of a police post at Madina village, financial aid and government job to a member of the families of the deceased.
On getting information, IGP (Rohtak Range), Anil Rao and Rohtak Deputy Commissioner Vikas Gupta along with police force rushed to the spot and persuaded the dalits to lift the blockade assuring them that the killers would be nabbed soon and no one would be spared.
Uneasy calm prevailed in Madina village where police personnel were deployed to avoid any untoward incident.
Following a year-old enmity, some armed people of upper caste allegedly assaulted three members of a dalit family by opening fire on them outside the village when they were returning home after working in the fields on Saturday night.
While one youth died on the spot, another succumbed to injuries in hospital. The third, a minor, is undergoing treatment in PGIMS here.
Meanwhile, various organisations of Dalit communities have asked the state government to provide financial aid of Rs 50 lakh and a government job each to family members of the deceased.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm