Death of CJM`s wife: Haryana govt to recommend CBI probe
Gurgaon: The Haryana government is all set to hand over the probe into the murder of Geetanjali Garg, the wife of Gurgaon Chief Judicial Magistrate Ravneet Garg, as the police have completed the formalities for the state government to recommend a probe by the agency.
The formal clearance of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda is expected soon.
Official sources said that the Gurgaon Police sent the case details to the DGP, Haryana Police at Panchkula who after processing has sent the file to the state Home Department from where it will go to the Chief Minister, who also holds the Home Portfolio for final approval of the recommendation for a CBI probe into the mysterious death.
The process of recommending the CBI probe was commenced yesterday after the family of Geetanjali met the Chief Minister here demanding a CBI probe.
Yesterday, Hooda had told reporters here that the state government was not averse to recommending a CBI probe into the mysterious death of Geetanjali, if that was the wish of the deceased woman`s family.
Geetanjali`s family had met the Chief Minister here yesterday. After meeting him they had also met the state`s Director General of Police, S N Vashisth.
30-year-old Gitanjali was found dead on July 17 in high security Police Lines area in Gurgaon.
The police had slapped murder charge against the CJM.
Her family had accused her in-laws of harassing her for dowry.
The family alleged that the harassment started from the birth of the couple`s first daughter and worsened after their second girl child was born.
Geetanjali`s brother Pradeep Aggarwal and father Om Prakash, who live in Panchkula, near here, had also demanded a narco test on the CJM, saying the mystery behind the woman`s death needs to be revealed.
Geetanjali got married to Garg in 2007 and they have two daughters aged around 4 and 3 years.
Her brother has alleged that it is a case of murder, since as per the post mortem report, there are three gun-shot injuries and one head injury on her body.
After the incident, a Special Investigation Team was formed to probe the death mystery.
Official sources said that the SIT constituted by the Gurgaon police would carry on with its inquiry till the time CBI gives it nod to take over the investigations in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside