Death of CJM`s wife: Haryana not averse to CBI probe
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Tuesday said that it was not averse to recommending a CBI probe into the mysterious death of Geetanjali Garg, wife of Gurgaon Chief Judicial Magistrate Ravneet Garg.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda told reporters that they were "not averse to a CBI inquiry in the case, if that was the wish of the deceased woman`s parents".
Geetanjali`s family, which met the Chief Minister here, had accused her in-laws of harassing her for dowry.
The family has alleged that the harassment started from the birth of the couple`s first daughter and worsened after their second girl child was born.
Geetanjali`s brother Pradeep Aggarwal and father Om Prakash, who live in Panchkula, near here, have demanded a narco test on the CJM, saying the mystery behind the woman`s death needs to be revealed.
On Saturday, a case of murder was registered against Ravneet.
30-year-old Geetanjali was found dead on July 17.
The post mortem report has mentioned that one bullet hit her stomach while another bullet hit the chin and pierced through her head. A third bullet was also fired which injured her neck minutely.
The judge had earlier claimed that Geetanjali had killed herself; her family members suspected a foul play.
Geetanjali got married to Garg in 2007 and they have two daughters aged around 4 and 3 years.
Her brother has alleged that it is a case of murder, since as per the post mortem report, there are three gun-shot injuries and one head injury on her body.
After the incident, a Special Investigation Team had been formed to probe the death mystery.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark