Decision on Rathore bail plea deferred till Thursday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court Wednesday reserved for Thursday its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief S.P.S. Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
"The High Court has reserved the decision for tomorrow (Thursday)," said Anmol Rattan Sidhu, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) lawyer.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!