Decision on Rathore bail plea deferred till Thursday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court Wednesday reserved for Thursday its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief S.P.S. Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
"The High Court has reserved the decision for tomorrow (Thursday)," said Anmol Rattan Sidhu, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) lawyer.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci