Decision on Rathore bail plea deferred till Thursday
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court Wednesday reserved for Thursday its decision on the bail plea by former Haryana police chief S.P.S. Rathore, who has been convicted and sent to jail for molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra.
Rathore was served an 18-month sentence May 25 by a district and sessions court here. His wife and counsel Abha Rathore had filed a bail petition in the high court.
"The High Court has reserved the decision for tomorrow (Thursday)," said Anmol Rattan Sidhu, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) lawyer.
Rathore has been convicted for molesting Girhotra in 1990. She committed suicide three years later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'
- Arvind Kejriwal questions PM Narendra Modi's qualification, report claims he scored 62.3% in MA
- WATCH: When Virat Kohli applauded David Warner's 'helicopter' shot during SRH-RCB match